On TV, at Least, World Cup Soccer Is America's Second-Most Popular SportBy
The 2014 FIFA World Cup match between the U.S. and Portugal produced another record-breaking ratings number for ESPN and Univision. The combined 24.7 million viewers—18.2 million on ESPN and 6.5 million on Univision, neither number official yet—would make it the most-watched soccer game in U.S. history, just topping the 2010 World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting