Grad Students Could Win Big as Obama Slashes Debt PaymentsBy
Update – 2:45 p.m.: The official White House fact sheet is out and doesn’t provide many more details than the early reports cited in this story.
President Obama is set to address growing concerns over student debt and, according to multiple news organizations’ reports, he’s about to roll out a plan to help borrowers lower their monthly payments. The effort would see Obama use his executive authority to make more people eligible for an existing program that caps student loan bills at 10 percent of an individual’s monthly discretionary income. If those details hold true, the changes could be helpful to millions of borrowers—but far more for some than others.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet