Wal-Mart Is Family Friendly—at Least to Members of the Walton FamilyBy
Sam Walton founded Wal-Mart Stores in 1962, and the company went public eight years later. It’s now the biggest retailer in the world, with revenue last year of $476.3 billion. It employs 1.3 million associates, as Wal-Mart calls them, which also makes it the biggest employer in the U.S. after the federal government.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing