In Hillshire Bidding War, a Play for Meat-Eating Home CooksBy
May has been a busy month for the meat industry. First, Hillshire Brands agreed to buy Pinnacle Foods for $4.3 billion. On May 27, Pilgrim’s Pride offered to buy Hillshire for $5.6 billion, followed two days later by Tyson Foods, which offered $6.2 billion for Hillshire. (The fate of the Pinnacle deal is uncertain.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet