Warhol’s Wig, Newman’s ‘Fire’ Fuel $2 Billion N.Y. SalesKatya Kazakina
Take in the numbers: $84.2 million for Barnett Newman’s “Black Fire I”; $66.2 million for a purple and orange Mark Rothko canvas, and $30.1 million for Andy Warhol’s self-portraits in a spiky fright wig.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts