Christie's Record-Setting Auction Is a Win Against Sotheby'sBy
Christie’s auction on Monday, a bold and risky experiment titled “If I Live I’ll See You Tuesday,” set 16 world auction records and exceeded even the most optimistic expectations by raising $134.6 million. The Manhattan sale was noteworthy not just for what sold—the kind of in-your-face contemporary works known to send some politicians over the edge—but for how the sale transpired.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since iPhone