Fordyce Leaves BNP Paribas, Tisserand Joins Caisse, Vlaad SaysKatia Dmitrieva
John Ceviker joined Bank of Nova Scotia as vice president of investment banking from Deutsche Bank AG, according to Vlaad and Co., a Toronto-based financial-services recruiting firm.
Other moves in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Allan Fordyce, former managing director of metals and mining at BNP Paribas SA, joined Standard Chartered Plc as regional head of mining and metals client coverage for the Americas.
* SW8 Asset Management Inc. added Kyle McKay as a hedge fund portfolio manager.
* AltaCorp Capital Inc. added Nick Lupick as managing director, institutional equity research from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce where he was director of research.
* Yann Tisserand left his role at Ernst & Young LLP to join Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec as an investment director of infrastructure.
* Nick Campbell moved to CIBC World Markets as director of the corporate solutions group. He was previously with HSBC Holdings Plc as vice president, corporate treasury solutions.