Einhorn Plays Athenahealth for Laughs and Decimates Its SharesBy
David Einhorn has earned the cleanup spot in the batting order at the Ira W. Sohn Investment Research Conference. It was at the 2002 Sohn event—an annual gathering for money managers to present to an audience of lesser money managers ideas about money—that the hedge fund billionaire shot to fame with a takedown of lender Allied Capital. In 2008, Einhorn returned to eviscerate Lehman Brothers, giving a presentation that is legendary in Wall Street circles. And in 2012, when Einhorn wanted to put his stock-demolishing prowess to creative use, he chose the familiar Sohn podium to give Apple advice on what to do with its balance sheet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet