Fashionista Alert: J.Crew Is Planning a Lower-Priced BrandBy
J.Crew has become an unlikely fashion force under the direction of Chief Executive Officer Mickey Drexler and Creative Director Jenna Lyons. During the decade that the two have been in charge, J.Crew has carefully expanded: It introduced Madewell, a more casual line for younger shoppers, in 2006, and a few high-end men’s stores over the past couple of years. Outside the U.S., J.Crew recently added several new stores in London. “I don’t want to risk being arrogant, but I think a lot of what we’ve done has connected emotionally with America,” Drexler told Bloomberg Businessweek last November, at one of the U.K. openings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's