MacKay Joins HSBC as National Bank Promotes Dale, Vlaad SaysKatia Dmitrieva
National Bank of Canada’s Marc Mills joined Jennings Capital Inc. as mining investment-banking vice president, according to Vlaad and Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Allan MacKay joined HSBC Holdings Plc as an associate vice president of commercial real estate. MacKay was previously with Toronto-Dominion Bank as director of commercial national accounts in the financial institutions group.
* Mark Parr, former managing director at Stifel Financial Corp. joined Refraction Asset Management Ltd. in Calgary as head trader and chief operating officer.
* John Pires is joining Northland Power Inc. as head of mergers and acquisitions and project finance. Pires was previously at Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in the renewable energy group.
* Omer Malik, former senior director of project finance in private fixed income at Sun Life Financial Inc., will lead the project finance infrastructure team at Stonebridge Financial Corp.
* Bank of Montreal’s fundamental Canadian equity team added Jason Vouriot and Leily Omoumi as analysts. Vouriot was previously a research associate with the bank’s capital market’s unit and Omoumi was a precious metals equity analyst at Bank of Nova Scotia.
* National Bank promoted Brian O’Hea to head of equity liability trading, David Lower to head of equity agency trading, and Chris Dale to head of syndication.