Obama to Begin 4-Nation Asia Trip in Japan on April 23Isabel Reynolds and Sam Kim
U.S. President Barack Obama arrives in Tokyo on April 23 to begin a four-country Asian trip, marking his first visit to Japan since 2010. * Obama will stay in Japan from April 23-25 Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga says in Tokyo today. Obama will meet Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Emperor Akihito * Obama will stop in South Korea on April 25-26 where he will discuss ways to counter the threat posed by North Korea’s nuclear arms program with South Korean President Park Geun Hye, Park’s office says in a statement today * Obama will also visit Malaysia for the first time as president on April 26-28 * The U.S. president will then spend April 28-29 in the Philippines where he will meet President Benigno Aquino: Charles Jose, Philippine Foreign Affairs spokesman says by phone
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt