CORRECT: Russian Planes ‘Frequently’ Flying Near Japan: OnoderaIsabel Reynolds
Russian military planes have been flying near Japan “frequently,” Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera says at a briefing today in Tokyo today. * “I am aware that Russian aircraft have been flying very frequently over the Japan Sea and the Pacific in the past few days. In general, there are more Russian flights, training and exercises near our country:” Onodera * Onodera says Russian jets have not infringed on Japan’s airspace * “It is not only Japan, but Russia that is paying close attention to the security environment in East Asia, such as U.S.-Korea exercises and events in North Korea:” Onodera * NOTE: Japan’s Air Self-Defense Forces dispatched jets to intercept four Russian planes on April 14, the Ministry of Defense said on its website
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself