Bad Bacon News: Pig Virus Pushes Prices HigherBy
Bacon eaters, brace yourselves. Prices are rising—up 7 percent since May—thanks to a new virus that has already killed millions of baby pigs. The disease thrives in just the kind of cold weather that was so persistent this winter, so the death toll has been particularly high. And since it takes about six months for a hog to reach what’s politely called “market weight,” the full impact of the illness is still to come.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's