Enjoy Your $500 T-Shirt: Kickstarter Backers Get Nada in Oculus SaleBy
Venture capital firms Spark Capital and Matrix Partners made a 2,000 percent return on their early investments in Oculus VR, the virtual reality company acquired yesterday by Facebook. It’s a potent reminder of how profitable a timely bet on a startup can be. Nine thousand, five hundred, and twenty-two people who backed the venture even earlier than that, though, on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter, are getting a multiple of exactly zero for their prescience.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day