Jefferies Appoints Forest City Ratner CEO Gilmartin as DirectorZeke Faux
Jefferies Group LLC, the investment bank owned by Leucadia National Corp., appointed Forest City Ratner Cos. Chief Executive Officer MaryAnne Gilmartin to its board.
Gilmartin will be an independent director, Jefferies said today in a statement. Last year, she replaced Bruce Ratner as head of the real estate firm, which developed the Barclays Center arena in Brooklyn, New York.
Jefferies said in a separate statement that profit for the fiscal first-quarter ended Feb. 28 rose 40 percent to a record $112.4 million on a 44 percent surge in investment-banking fees. Net revenue advanced 9.8 percent to $899 million. The results differed from preliminary figures disclosed earlier this month. The New York-based firm said March 4 it expected net income of $105 million on revenue of $875 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Deutsche Bank Inadvertently Made a $35 Billion Payment in a Single Transaction
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History
- U.S. Stocks Decline on Tech Woes, Treasuries Slide: Markets Wrap
- Why a Cashmere Sweater Can Cost $2,000 … or $30
- What If Tesla’s Time Is Running Out?