Plug Power Wins Order to Supply Fuel Cell Drive SystemsChristopher Martin
Plug Power Inc., the Latham, New York-based maker of fuel-cell systems for warehouse forklifts, won a contract to supply power units, fuel and services at six North American distribution centers for a retailer.
Plug will supply more than 1,500 fuel cells, hydrogen fueling systems and maintenance services over two years and plans to begin operating at the first site during the second quarter, the company said today in a statement. Plug didn’t identify the retailer or disclose terms of the deal.
Plug rose 15 percent to $3.55 at the close in New York. The shares have more than quadrupled since the company said Dec. 4 that cost reductions and increasing orders may generate an annual profit for the first time this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Uber Halts Autonomous-Car Testing After Fatal Arizona Crash
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge