Starbucks Japan Gives Free Coffee as System Error Disrupts SalesTakahiko Hyuga and Yuki Yamaguchi
Starbucks Coffee Japan Ltd., an affiliate of the world’s largest coffee-shop operator, suffered a system error this morning that disrupted sales and prompted some stores to give away coffee for free.
The fault was resolved at most of the Tokyo-based company’s 1,000 outlets by 11 a.m. local time, spokesman Norio Adachi said by phone. Starbucks Japan is investigating the reason for the error, he said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO