Las Vegas Bookies Had a Very Profitable Super BowlBy
Sports books in Nevada handled a record $119.4 million in Super Bowl bets this year, up more than 17 percent from last year’s $98.9 million in wagers. More important, the 183 bookmakers in the state collected $19.6 million on this year’s bets, according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board, good for a 16.5 percent take. Nevada has not seen a better margin since 2005, when bookies collected $15.4 million on $90.8 million in bets, for a 17 percent take.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Singapore Soars Up Innovation Rankings, U.S. Falls Out of Top 10
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks