The Copenhagen Wheel for Electric Hybrid Bikes
Innovators: Assaf Biderman, 36; Carlo Ratti, 42
Associate director and director of MIT’s SENSEable City Laboratory, an urban development researcher. Biderman founded startup Superpedestrian and licensed the technology from MIT in 2012.
Form and function: A motorized rear wheel that turns a bicycle into an electric hybrid. Pedal energy is stored in a battery pack that a rider, using a smartphone app, can draw on for a boost on long or uphill routes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones