Can the U.S. Economy Withstand the Emerging-Markets Mess?By
Emerging markets are convulsing. Violent protests pose serious threats to governments in Thailand and Ukraine, whose prime minister has just resigned. Inflation is surging—again—in Argentina. Stocks are tumbling in Turkey, India, and Brazil. An emerging market exchange-traded fund run by IShares has dropped nearly 13 percent since October.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas