The World's Freest Economy Is Also Its Least-Affordable Housing MarketBy
Hong Kong is accustomed to receiving kudos from American conservatives. Year in and year out, the Heritage Foundation and the Wall Street Journal laud the bastion of capitalism on the South China coast as the world’s freest economy. Sure enough, Hong Kong has just won the prize again, with the city coming in No. 1 on the 2014 Index of Economic Freedom published by Heritage and the Journal. That makes it 20 years in a row for Hong Kong in the top spot.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards