INSIDE AUSTRALIA: AUD Near 3-Year Low on Outlook for RBA PolicyGarfield Reynolds
Aussie dollar trading near three-year low after bets on further central bank stimulus rose before a report on consumer prices this week. *AUD/USD traded at 87.74 U.S. cents at 9:45am Sydney after dropping as low as 87.64 on Jan. 17; pivot 87.74, resistance 87.82, 87.91, 88.08; support 87.65, 87.57, 87.40 *AUD/NZD at NZ$1.0617 after dropping as low as NZ$1.0543 Jan. 16, weakest since Dec. 2005 * Bets on a rate cut in Australia by mid-year at 48% from 22% a week ago *Australia Q4 CPI seen 0.4% q/q, vs 1.2% in Q3; data due on Jan. 22 * AUD/USD 1-mo. implied volatility closed last week at 9.26%; past year’s avg. is 9.63% *Australia 3y bond yield touches 2.81%, lowest since Sept. 30; 10-yr declines to 4.07%, least since Nov. 1 *Australia-U.S. 10y yield spread at 1.26 percentage points; past year’s avg is 1.37
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks