Ward Joins National Bank; Goldman Sachs Hires Tanner, Vlaad SaysKatia Dmitrieva
Blair Ward joined National Bank of Canada from Peters & Co. Ltd., according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Energy research associate Brandon Friedt left Desjardins Securities Inc. for Cormark Securities Inc.
* Edgecrest Capital Corp. added Mark Raguz as a vice-president investment banking from Pinetree Capital Ltd.
* Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. investment banking analyst George Woo left for Borealis Infrastructure as an analyst.
* Michael Spencer, formerly an associate at Dundee Capital Markets Inc., is now at Maxit Capital.
* Former Fraser MacKenzie Ltd. associate Reid McGregor moved to MSCI Inc. as a senior associate.
* Goldman Sachs Group Inc. hired Roman Tanner as vice-president of engineering for a new Calgary acquisitions and divestitures arm of its investment banking division.
* Former Stifel Financial Corp. equity capital markets managing director Amy Freedman is now executive vice-president at Kingsdale Shareholder Services Inc.
* Paul Rajchgod, former managing director of investment banking at Cantor Fitzgerald LP, joined Mackie Research Capital Corp.