Vimeo's a Star for IAC, Thanks to Filmmakers
Among big consumer Web businesses, there may be no tougher battlefield than video sharing. With Amazon.com, Hulu, Netflix, and Google’s YouTube among the companies fighting for viewers’ time, it can be difficult for even a well-financed competitor to attract attention. For video connoisseurs, though, the mainstream services leave a big gap: None combine the reliable, ad-free HD video of Netflix with the kind of marketplace democracy that birthed YouTube’s endless stream of cat videos. It’s a gap that Vimeo, the video-sharing site loved by artsy filmmakers and long ignored by the market, is starting to fill.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster