A Peek at China's Local Debt Mess
For months, investors have wondered about the scale of China’s local government debt. A report issued on Dec. 30 by the National Audit Office offers some clues. Borrowing by provinces, counties, and townships reached 17.9 trillion yuan ($2.96 trillion) as of June.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas