Lindsey Vonn's Sochi Scratch Puts NBC, Sponsors in a BindBy
Lindsey Vonn, one of the few American household names in winter sports, will spend the Sochi Olympics rehabbing in a gym, rather than charging down Russian slopes. The 29-year-old skier, who returned to racing only recently after injuring her knee almost a year ago, announced on her website this morning that the joint is still “too unstable” to go up against the world’s best. “I am devastated,” she wrote. “On a positive note, this means there will be an additional spot so that one of my teammates can go for gold.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster