There's Gold in Mining Streaming Video
Among Christopher Widauer’s duties as technical director of the Vienna State Opera is to make sure spectators in his 2,100 seats can clearly see the stage as well as translations of the libretto. He had to consider a much bigger audience when his bosses said they wanted to earn additional revenue with Web and mobile HD simulcasts—without the delays and hiccups that often interrupt online videos. “We have customers who are extremely demanding,” Widauer says. “They don’t want buffering. They want to watch an opera as if they’re sitting in the room.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis