How Does Donkey Taste and Other Questions About a Chinese Meat MixupBy
Wal-Mart is recalling “Five Spice” donkey meat sold in some Chinese stores after it was found to contain fox meat. A consumer in Shandong Province who purchased 1,600 packs of what he believed were donkey and beef in late November brought the meat, produced by by Dezhou Fujude Food Co., to government inspectors because he thought it tasted strange for donkey. Fox is reputed to have a fishy flavor.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing