On New Year's Day, Consider the SturgeonBy
When Peter the Great gave Louis XV a gift of caviar, the French king tried it, and then spat it out on the floor of Versailles. About 320 years later we seem to have gotten used to the taste. “The fancy cars, the women and the caviar, you know who we are,” sings Ludacris in “Pimpin’ All Over the World.” It’s not just that these fish eggs taste good: they taste like the high life.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing