Jim Beam's New Single-Barrel Bourbon Is 95 Proof, and Kid Rock Likes ItBy
Last week the UPS driver brought me something that put me in a pleasant frame of mind. It was a bottle of the new Jim Beam Single Barrel, available for sale in March. The company says it is “full-bodied with sweet, rich, well-balanced attributes of oak, vanilla and caramel.” It also has a kick. After all, it’s 95 proof. After a few sips, I was inspired to get in touch with Fred Noe, Jim Beam’s great-grandson, who currently serves as “Bourbon Ambassador” for the company. I wanted to know why the company waited so long to make a single-barrel version of its flagship brand, why the alcohol content is so generous, and what the firm’s celebrity spokesman Kid Rock makes of this addition to the Beam product line.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing