Is Custom Pizza Speedy Enough to Be the Next Fast Food?By
Earlier this year, fast-casual A-lister Chipotle financed a new Denver restaurant called Pizzeria Locale. Its mandate is to apply the “Chipotle format” to pizza: Instead of tortillas, it’s pizza crust; rather than carnitas and guacamole, the line of toppings features broccolini and prosciutto. Each pie goes into a special oven that rotates, so the pizza cooks evenly and quickly, taking about two minutes, as the Wall Street Journal reported today.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster