Fon's Crowdsourced Wi-Fi Finds a Test Zone in BrooklynKevin Fitchard
Crowdsourced Wi-Fi provider Fon’s launch in the U.S. has been a bit disappointing. In October, the company announced big plans to bring its service to the U.S., but its signature Wi-Fi router, the Fonera, hasn’t started shipping yet. And though it’s started signing up community members, Fon hasn’t exactly broken any recruitment records. Only about 1,000 future “Foneros” are on its list.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster