Oliver Joins Bank of Montreal; Cantor Hires Vinizki, Vlaad SaysDoug Alexander
Justin Oliver, former head of institutional equity sales at Fraser Mackenzie Ltd., joined Bank of Montreal as vice president of institutional sales, exchange traded funds, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Aine O’Flynn became director of Canadian equity research at Bank of Montreal’s BMO Capital Markets unit, taking over from Paul Campbell who leaves in January to join Barometer Capital Management Inc. as a money manager. Gregoire Baillargeon was named managing director and head of Montreal investment and corporate banking. Aaron Engen and Pierre-Olivier Perras were named co-heads of BMO’s power and utilities group.
* Bank of Montreal hired Richard Ivey School of Business 2013 MBA graduate John Cooper as a manager of strategy.
* Firelight Infrastructure Partners LP hired Mikhail Arkaev from Northland Power Inc. to serve as a director.
* Cantor Fitzgerald LP’s Canada unit hired former Stifel Nicolaus technology analyst Blair Abernethy and his associate Asha Soares. Gabe Vinizki also joins Cantor from Stifel as a managing director in institutional equity sales.
* Bloom Burton & Co. hired Mike Pollard as vice president of investment banking. Pollard previously worked for VRG Capital and Merrill Lynch & Co.
* Mike Procyk joins Capstone Infrastructure as an analyst from Stonecap Securities Inc.
* Stonecap hired Russ Armstrong, a former institutional trader at Royal Bank of Canada’s RBC Capital Markets unit.
* Branden Keast and Stephen Sandusky, both former employees at Casimir Capital, joined Medalist Capital Ltd.
* Adam Bresver joins GFI Investment Counsel as a director of business development from Cranson Capital.