McNamara Joins BMO Capital and Scotia Hires Malhotra, Vlaad SaysDoug Alexander
Bank of Montreal’s BMO Capital Markets hired Dan McNamara from Calamos Asset Management to head its U.S. financial institutions group, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:2
* Analyst Sumit Malhotra joined Bank of Nova Scotia to cover financial services from Macquarie Group Ltd.
* Tashi Dorji joined Haywood Securities Inc. to cover oil and gas from Toronto-Dominion Bank.
* Cormark Securities Ltd. hired Meny Grauman as a financial services analyst from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, where he was a senior equity research associate.
* Ben Jekic joined Industrial Alliance Securities as an analyst covering industrial products and special situations. He was previously a consultant at BVB Consulting Inc. and a hardware analyst at Desjardins Securities.
* Romain Marguet joined JC Clark Ltd. as a director of business development. He previously worked for a boutique private equity firm in Geneva.
* Jeffrey Mandell joined Fuller Landau LLP as a managing director in its corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions team. He was previously manager of corporate finance at Cranson Capital Solutions Inc.