JX Energy Wins Sales Rights for First Solar ProductsChisaki Watanabe
JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp., Japan’s largest refiner, won exclusive rights to sell First Solar Inc.’s photovoltaic panels in Japan.
The companies reached an agreement in October, JX Energy said today in a statement. The accord runs through April 2015 and the companies are negotiating what they’ll do after that.
JX Energy, based in Tokyo, said on April 10 that it was seeking exclusive rights to sell First Solar’s panels using technology developed by TetraSun, a day after First Solar said it had acquired TetraSun from JX Energy and other investors.
First Solar plans to invest 10 billion yen ($100 million) to develop solar power stations in Japan within several years, the Nikkei newspaper said today, without citing anyone.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far
- Dollar Rises With Treasury Yields; Stocks Struggle: Markets Wrap
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day