Shard Developer’s Affiliate Wins 1,030 London Homes ApprovalNeil Callanan
Sellar Design and Development Ltd., an affiliate of the developer of Western Europe’s tallest tower, won preliminary approval for more than 1,000 London homes in a venture with Investec Plc.
The partners will also develop stores, a cinema and a health center by 2023 after Southwark Council members yesterday voted 4-2 in favor of the project on Surrey Quays Road in the Canada Water district. The development will include a 40-story tower and more than 230 affordable homes, according to a filing to the borough.
Sellar Design and Development is affiliated with Sellar Property Group Ltd., which developed The Shard skyscraper in central London with the Qatar Central Bank. The tower at Canada Water will be almost half the height of that Renzo Piano-designed skyscraper.
The Surrey Quays Road tower will be beside the water “to make the town square as large as possible,” designers including David Chipperfield Architects wrote in a filing to the borough. “It forms the pinnacle of a skyline defined by earlier developments.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO