What Everyone and Her Dog Will Be for Halloween This YearBy
Halloween, as we’ve explained, is an unstoppable, $6.9 billion American cultural juggernaut. Boom or bust, we shell out for candy, decorations, and above all, costumes. So how will we spend our approximately $3 billion national costume budget?
Now we know: Kids don’t trick-or-treat as the devil, and adults don’t go as pumpkins. And apparently a zombie pet is too much, although dressing a pet as a cat—whether as a statement of meta-hipster irony or out of sheer laziness—is quite popular.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet