Toxic Alcohol Kills 35 People in Northern India, PTI ReportsAnto Antony
At least 35 people died in India’s northern Uttar Pradesh state after consuming toxic illegal alcohol, Press Trust of India reported.
People from eight villages of the country’s largest state were taken ill after drinking tainted liquor, PTI reported, citing Superintendent of Police Arvind Sen.
Drinking of alcohol made in India’s city slums and villages and often tainted with industrial chemicals every year kills poor people unable to afford licensed brands. About 150 people died in West Bengal in 2011 after consuming illicit hooch, which also claimed 180 lives in Karnataka in 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Cambridge Analytica's Board Suspends CEO Nix Amid Inquiry
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Facebook Sued by Investors Over Voter-Profile Harvesting