Nikkei 225 Futures Hold Losses After BOJ Policy StatementAnna Kitanaka
Japanese stock futures held losses after the Bank of Japan issued a statement that it kept monetary policy unchanged.
Nikkei 225 Stock Average futures traded at 14,095 in Singapore as of 11:51 a.m. in Tokyo. Before the central bank announcement, the Nikkei 225 slipped 0.4 percent to 14,095.58 at the trading break in Tokyo. The broader Topix index dropped 0.6 percent to 1,166.92.
Thirty-five of 36 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News forecast no change in policy, with one predicting the central bank would boost its purchases of Japanese real-estate investment trusts. Twenty-six said they expect it to add to unprecedented stimulus in the first half of 2014.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Uber Halts Autonomous-Car Testing After Fatal Arizona Crash
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge