Abbott Labs' Dissolving Heart Stent Helps Improve Recovery
Innovator: John Capek
Title: Executive vice president, medical devices, Abbott Laboratories
Form and function: A stent the size of a ballpoint pen’s spring, delicate enough to hold a cardiac artery open after surgery. It dissolves in the body, enabling more natural recovery without the threat of long-term damage from a standard metal stent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta