As Piggly Wiggly Gets Carved Up, Customers CryBy
Piggly Wiggly Carolina, a family-owned grocery chain based in Charleston, S.C., recently announced a deal (PDF) to sell about half of its stores to bigger rivals Harris Teeter and Bi-Lo Holding. As one might expect for an employee-owned company with the tag-line “Local Since Forever,” the reaction was sizable and swift.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner