UBS Hires Amram, Roberts Leaves Canadian Imperial, Vlaad SaysKatia Dmitrieva
Emmanuel Amram will join UBS AG’s investment banking team in Montreal as associate director from Bank of Montreal, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Don Roberts left Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce to start up Nawitka Capital Advisors Ltd.
* Adam Adamou joined Euro Pacific Canada Inc. as an investment banking managing director, focusing on technology and innovation. Adamou recently served as chief executive officer of Transitive Digital Media Corp.
* Michael Conrad joined Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its infrastructure group from Credit Suisse Group AG where he was an investment banking analyst.
* Morguard Financial Corp. hired Albert Tzurkov as an assistant portfolio manager from Thornmark Asset Management Inc.
* Former AltaCorp Capital Inc. employee Jared Coulson joined the Desjardins Securities Inc.’s research team as an oil and gas associate.
* Casimir Capital Ltd. hired Dwayne Sorobey in Calgary from Blue Fish Capital Ventures.