J.D. Salinger Will Publish Five More Goddamn BooksBy
Perhaps the greatest literary mystery of the past half-century was the famously guarded life of J.D. Salinger, the author who redefined high school syllabuses forever, then 14 years later disappeared to his compound in Cornish, N.H. “There is a marvelous peace in not publishing,” he told the New York Times in 1974. After his death in 2010, the burning question remained: When he wasn’t flashing displeasure at probing photographers and curious fans, what did Salinger do during the last 45 years of his life?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas