The Gay Boycott Against Russian Vodka: Stoli's CEO Speaks OutBy
Gay bars from West Hollywood to London are pulling Russian vodka from their shelves in protest of the country’s anti-gay laws. Columnist Dan Savage launched the effort. He published a story last Wednesday titled “Why I’m Boycotting Russian Vodka,” and rallied supporters on Twitter using the hashtag #DumpStoli, a reference to the popular vodka brand Stolichnaya.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards