How Chromebooks Can Escape the Netbook's FateKevin Tofel
It’s deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra might say: A few years ago netbooks were the latest craze, and now it’s the Chromebook. At a time when PC sales are falling, Google Chromebooks are a bright spot, with NPD Group’s Stephen Baker forecasting 10 percent growth in 2013, says Bloomberg News. Low prices, which powered netbook sales, are probably a big reason for growing Chromebook sales as well. Could the market for Chromebooks quickly tank, as it did for netbooks? I doubt it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas