Apple to Investigate Report of China IPhone Electric Shock DeathBloomberg News
Apple Inc. said it will “fully investigate and cooperate with authorities” after media reports that a woman in China died after using an iPhone that was being recharged.
A 23-year-old flight attendant died on July 12 after picking up her iPhone 5 to answer a call, China’s Xinhua News Agency reported, citing Internet reports. Xinhua cited a post by a user of Weibo microblogging service saying that the family “didn’t ask for compensation from Apple, and that it only hopes people will pay attention, nothing more.”
A press official at the Xinjiang provincial government, who only gave his surname as Gao, referred questions from Bloomberg News about the incident to local media reports. The phone was bought in December with items already handed over to police, Xinhua reported.
“We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family,” Apple said in the e-mailed statement to Bloomberg News today.
The company didn’t comment on the details of the media report.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.