Madoff Trustee to Hold Auction for Office Furniture, DecorationsLinda Sandler
The trustee liquidating Bernard Madoff’s brokerage will sell furniture and decorations from the imprisoned con man’s former offices in Manhattan’s Lipstick Building and in Queens, according to a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan yesterday.
He gave no estimated value for the items, which include conference tables, a plaque identifying the brokerage from Toys for Tots, a picture of a sailboat, executive and beach chairs, a broken antique wooden table and 15 Herman Miller black mesh rolling office chairs. The proposed auction house is Stair Galleries, which with Sotheby’s will sell the Madoff brokerage’s art in the fall.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks End Mixed as Bonds Gain, Dollar Slumps: Markets Wrap
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO