What's in a Name? Warner Bros. and the Weinstein Co. Battle Over 'The Butler'By
The Weinstein Co. has a movie coming out called The Butler. I know what you’re thinking—and no, it’s not a remake of that classic 1916 silent film produced by the long-defunct Lubin Manufacturing Co. It’s a new Lee Daniels-directed film, starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, about a White House butler. That hasn’t stopped Warner Brothers, which owns the 1916 film, to ask that the new movie’s name be changed. Don’t movies recycle titles all the time?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing