How Sad Will SAC Capital's Redemption Song Get?By
As the June 3 investor-withdrawal window comes and goes, early indications suggest that SAC Capital may look very different by the end of the year. There could be as little as $1 billion of outside client money left in the fund after today’s redemption deadline, according to Bloomberg News. The only money Cohen can count on at this point is his own, which, at $7.5 billion, is an enormous sum but would be only a shadow of what was once one of the mightiest trading forces on Wall Street. The most significant sign of what is to come may have been the decision by Blackstone Group, SAC’s largest outside investor, to redeem close to $400 million, the majority of its investment with the firm.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas