In Robot Surgeons vs. Lawyers, a Win for the MachinesBy
Intuitive Surgical, a maker of robotic instruments used in prostate operations, hysterectomies, and other surgeries, has successfully defended itself in the first of more than two dozen lawsuits alleging injuries caused by the ministrations of the machines. On Thursday, a jury in Port Orchard, Wash., cleared the company and its da Vinci Surgical System in the death of Fred Taylor, who underwent robo-surgery in 2008 and died about four years later from complications linked to a half-dozen subsequent procedures.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations